.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

A forum of support, sharing, caring and friendship for family and friends of those in the 3/25.

Thursday, June 09, 2005

sand, sand, sand

RJ emailed me today. It's been a while since I'd gotten an email. So it was great to see and receive.

He told me about a sand storm that he was in recently. One that rivals that of the one in the movie Hidalgo. If you've seen the movie then you know what I'm talking about. Here is what he said... "Most recently ... 4 days ago we drove into a sand storm of biblical proportions ... no joke. It appeared like a wall of blackness in the sky a mile high. Even in the vehicles with windows ...we couldn't see the man sitting next to us. Within minutes ...it roared onto us at approx 50mph. We coughed and choked for nearly 4 hours .... I still had to sleep beside the vehicle for a few hours with my mouth an nose covered... I woke with an inch of sand covereing me. Today I am still treating some of the guys with Prednisone , levaquin, and albuterol for suspected chemical pneumonia.

So many things have happened and will continue to happen... I can't write fast enough. Some of it ....tough to absorb myself."

There's more but nothing I'd be comfortable with putting online. I can only imagine what the last sentence was about. They are strong men, mentally and physically. We might hear more when he gets home. If he cares to think about it all again and verbalize it. I can understand it if he didn't.

I hope you all are doing well. Take care.

Carrie Ann

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home