.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

A forum of support, sharing, caring and friendship for family and friends of those in the 3/25.

Monday, January 17, 2005

Books on relationships and the Military

I went to Border's last night (a dangerous store for me!) in search of a specific military book and came across one that I thought I'd share with you. It's called Married to the Military. A Survival Guide for Military Wives, Girlfriends, and Women in Uniform. I read through it last night and found it to be very informative. However, it pertains more to the married Military family than it does the girlfriends.

The author of the book, Meredith Leyva, has a website (www.cinchouse.com) that has a plethora of information as well. Again, targeting married couples but the rest of us can still find some helpful tidbits.

I just ordered a book called, The Survival Guide to Marriage in the Military. There is a little more to the title but I don't recall what it is. It's for married and dating couples. RJ told me about it (he bought it) and I wanted to read it as well. It isn't targeting women as the other book is. I had to order it and when I get it, have a chance to read it, I'll post my thoughts on it. Hopefully it will be a bit more informative for those of us that aren't married as that info and helpful tidbits are a bit harder to come by. I'll let ya know! It was hard to find too. Not offered on Amazon or on Borders.com or the Borders store. If you'd like to read more about it you can find it here: http://plaintec.net/

If anyone has read either of these books and would like to share their thoughts on them, let me know. I'd love to hear all about it.

later gators!

Semper Fi! Hang tough.
(is there a Navy version or motto like that?)

-Carrie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home