.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

A forum of support, sharing, caring and friendship for family and friends of those in the 3/25.

Sunday, June 26, 2005

Support for the Troops Never Stronger

By Capt. Steve Alvarez, USA
American Forces Press Service

WASHINGTON, June 24, 2005 When I came home from Iraq a couple of months ago, I kept the promise I made while I was still there: I wouldn't watch the news, and I'd step away from the war, ignoring the events that had consumed my life 24 hours a day, seven days a week. It was time to catch up with my family and make them the focus of my life 24/7.

For about a month I was able to successfully ignore the constant horrid imagery and sensational reports filed from Iraq. But as a public affairs officer and self-proclaimed news junkie, I soon found myself scanning headlines on the Web and tuning into radio news programs, instead of my favorite jazz station.

To read on, click here.

I hope this support continues for as long as they need it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home