.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

A forum of support, sharing, caring and friendship for family and friends of those in the 3/25.

Friday, July 01, 2005

A note from the Capt.

I a recent note in regards to a recent Operation, the Capt. has left us with these words (edited)...

"...I walked along the passageway from the aid station to my room, stepping over gun barrels and backpacks, and two Marines were standing outside their room, one with his shirt off.
"We're getting ready," one said, turning to me smiling.
"Doing what?" I asked.
"Shaving," the other said.
"Shaving our chests," said the first. "Nothing will stick to hair and we're otherwise pretty hairy", he smiled, and pulled down the collar of his friend's shirt showing an upper chest a gorilla would envy, "See?"
"Aahh, I see," I responded. "Band-aids don't stick to hair."
"Well, band-aids and tape holding dressings on."
"Nice to plan ahead," I shrugged. "Carry on. Make your skin smooth enough and maybe the bullets won't stick either."

I'm glad to hear they're planning ahead...just wish it wasn't that kind of planning they had to do.

And in closing he writes...

"Pray for our Marines, Sailors, Airmen and Soldiers, and those of the Iraqi Army as the assault begins—what may be the grand finale of our time here in Iraq.

'Thru many dangers, toils and snares I have already come. 'Tis grace hath bro't me safe thus far, And grace will lead me home.'~from the hymn 'Amazing Grace"

He writes more but for safety I can only include what's here.

The Marines, Sailors, Airmen and Soldiers will be in our hearts, in our minds and in our daily prayers until they all come home safely. That will be our grand finale...when they are home.

Semper Fidelis.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home