.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

A forum of support, sharing, caring and friendship for family and friends of those in the 3/25.

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Should we be in Iraq? Pros and Cons

Today in my search for news on the 3/25 and the war in Iraq I came across this website.
http://www.usiraqprocon.org/?OVRAW=iraq&OVKEY=iraq&OVMTC=standard

It states pros and cons on the war, facts and opinions. It's an interesting read. I found it particularly interesting since just this past weekend, the 4th of July holiday weekend, I had people talking to me about RJ and what's going on over in Iraq. Not that I any sort of big news source, but they know that I keep a bit closer tabs on it than the general public. Some were angry, some concerned, some knew very little about the war and what's going on other than what they see in the news and somehow form strong opinions based only on that. When talking with those people I have to bite my tongue and keep my statements limited to just the facts without getting emotion involved. Man, that is hard to do! Ignorance is scary especially when you are emotionally connected to something so big. I wished I found this site before the holiday. I would have directed some of them there. If for nothing more than to see pros and cons that didn't leap to mind when I was talking to them.

I thought you all might find it an interesting read as well.

Take care of yourselves. Please feel free to send info on your loved ones if you like to post here. We are all keeping on eye on one another's loved ones and want to know how they're doing.

Carrie Ann

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home