.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

A forum of support, sharing, caring and friendship for family and friends of those in the 3/25.

Wednesday, February 09, 2005

"I've only got a minute..."

Hey girls-

I spoke with RJ for a moment tonight. He was literally pulled off the phone with me. He had to go. He was telling me about the training they are about to go through. Some major serious stuff. Very real. Very hard. He even sounded weird. Yet another chapter in the deployment of our significant others. I have to say one thing though...it really sucked! sorry to be so blunt, but it did. It was a dang reminder of what he's going to be going through when he gets over there. I know he needs to do it, I know what he's going to be up against...well as much as I can know anyway. But it just made me miss him more for some reason. I CAN NOT wait until I can see him for the few precious hours we get in a couple weeks. Can you guys?

Anyway, it's been a "missing RJ" day for me. Not bad, just missing him. I'm sure you understand.

I came across this link tonight (ok, I guess it's morning...I can't sleep) that was very touching. Give it time to load. Watch the entire thing. You'll know when it's over. http://www.iwo.com/heroes.htm

Semper Fi, ladies. Stay strong. We're here for one another.

Carrie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home