.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

A forum of support, sharing, caring and friendship for family and friends of those in the 3/25.

Thursday, February 17, 2005

Back from the airbase...

Hey girls (and any gents reading this!)-

Well, our boys should be back at their camps by now away from the thing that used to be an airbase now transformed into "Iraqi land". As most of you know, if not all of you...they were doing some heavy duty training at that nasty airbase. Lack of sleep, real-life-like kidnappings, mortar rounds going off, and being shot (with paint guns). Although going back to camp was a welcomed sight I doubt any of them uttered the words..."It's good to be home" without a resounding moan or tired giggle following quickly after.

Soon the guys will be heading to Iraq. For real. I have to say and I'm sure I'm not alone in this when I say that I am dreading that day. I will be on the road for about 5 days or so after March 1 and my guess is they will be heading out shortly after Vegas. So I don't know if I'll be able to speak to RJ after Vegas, but man...I sure do hope so!

It's too bad we all don't live closer to one another. A few of us have been able to get together to chat and shed off some of the stress brought on by this deployment and those of us that were able to go wished you all could be there. We might be planning something in April or May for everyone. Too early to really say too much about it as it is currently just an idea. A mere seedling thought to get all 10 girls of 3/25 together.

Do you know what's really crazy? Just 2 days ago I was outside in a t-shirt and a light zippered jacket/sweatshirt. Seriously...now I look out my window and see flurries of snow, flying sideways past my window. Cleveland weather...so typical. Watch, by Saturday we'll see people in flip-flops again in an effort to encourage warmer weather. Ahhh the mid-west. Gotta love it.

Ok, enough for now. Sounding off for the ladies of the 3/25. Send any news you'd like to share.

Take care everyone. Semper Fi!!

Carrie
PS: I apologize for any spelling errors on names.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home